A Little About the 3rd Place Winner

Holly Bauer

Holly Bauer has been married for fourteen years and is the mother of two children ages ten and three. Holly tells us her best friend would describe her as outgoing and creative. Our judges agreed and awarded her Sweet and Spicy Baked Shrimp with Angel Hair Pasta the third place prize for its creative blend of ingredients.
Holly tells us that she recently left her job of ten years in the public relations field to begin graduate school.  She is pursuing a Master’s in Education and plan to teach upon completion. She also keeps busy volunteering with her church and her children’s grade school. And she tells us that she teaches Junior Achievement classes at various schools throughout the area.
We asked Holly about her cooking background and she explained that she loves to cook. “It’s a creative outlet for me. I have several food allergies and like to prepare my own food so I can be certain of the ingredients.”
She tells that she developed her prize-winning recipe through experimenting with flavors and seasonings. She originally used scallops but found the shrimp to be a better fit.
We also asked how she thought the use of honey enhanced her recipe. “Honey is such a versatile ingredient and I love to use it for savory dishes. I use honey for the health benefits, too, since I try to limit refined sugar in my family’s diet.”

No comments:

Post a Comment