A little About the 2nd Place Winner

Mellissa Clark
Mellissa Clark, an Ohio native, has been married for ten and half years and is the mother of three boys ages ten-, eight- and six-years old. She tells us she also has a dog named Peanut!
When asked how her best friend would describe her, she replied, “I think my best friend would say I am a very loyal and fun loving person. Also that I’m very creative.”
We’re sure creativity plays a part in being a busy stay at home mom, but creativity also plays a part her second job decorating cakes and cookies. She tells us she’s been doing that for the past 6 years.
We wondered about Mellissa’s cooking background and she explained, “I always had a love for creating different recipes and combining ingredients one would not of thought, would go together. I think that came from my diverse background. The two best cooks I know were my grandmothers. One who loved cooking southern cuisine and one who cooked with a refined European flair.”
When asked how she developed her prize-winning recipe for Honey Hummus, she said, “I love making recipes that are kid friendly and this is something healthy and simple that I can get my kids to eat.” She added that she entered the contest because she realized she had a recipe that was easy to make and tastes good too!
Finally, we asked how she thought that special ingredient of honey added to her recipe. “I love cooking with honey! My name is Mellissa meaning honey bee so it comes natural to me! The honey was the star of the dish, it added the natural sweetness to the hummus without overpowering it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment